Sunday, January 23, 2011

****Lupus

I have lupus and have had since 1997. I did try the
steroid medication they use for lupus but I couldn't
take it...well rather I guess I wouldn't take it after I
personally saw the results of it! "But now I also must
say right here that, that doesn't mean other people can't
or shouldn't take it. "I can not be the judge of that...and
PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING HERE,
THIS KIND OF MEDICATION WAS NOT FOR ME!"
It to me seemed as if all I was doing was getting sicker
and starting to swell. That is what this medication does to
your body is swell it and the doctors or most of them do
not explain this when they put you on it.(The doctors do not
really explain very much of anything to you on their own!)

AGAIN I AM NOT SAYING NOT TO TAKE THIS
KIND OF MEDICATION...I AM JUST SAYING IT DID
NOT WORK FOR ME! I am taking medication and I will be
for the rest of my life, but I am also using aromatherapy, essential
oils, vitamins, minerals and natural medications.

**Lupus is also very hard to detect or to diagnose because it can
mimic so many other illness's out there. So please if your not happy
or do not understand, or not pleased with what your doctor or a
doctor is telling you or not telling you...then either go to another
doctor or make the one you are going to LISTEN TO YOU!

My subjection is to write down everything that is or isn't going on
with you, how you feel from your head to your toes! If something
does not feel right with you, why it doesn't, what hurts, how it hurts
and pay attention from the time you get up in the morning until you
go to bed at night and even if you have any type of a problem at
night when/after you go to bed. "It doesn't matter how small or
little you might think it is write it down, note everything because this
is one true way your doctor can see that there is something really
going on with you and how concern you are!" It also shows the
doctor area of concern or where one might tell him more than
another.

As I said before lupus is a very hard illness to find, detect or
diagnose and the doctors will also tell you that. Most doctors
will give you a blood test and if that blood test shows negative
then they will not look/go any further looking for lupus!

But I am here to tell you the blood test is not always correct!
Although to be fair to the medical profession, they have finally
come up with an blood test that is more accurate in detecting
lupus! When I was given the older blood test I was and had
been for most of my life anemic to start with. So I had to go to
another doctor that would LISTEN to me and what I was saying
and the other symptoms I was having.

So pay attention to your self and your body, talk to your doctor
or a doctor or many doctors...get on the internet and do some
research for your self to help in your diagnoses...NOT INSTEAD
OF A DOCTOR! Then if your not satisfied try a natural healing
doctor of some sort, or/and homeopathic doctor.
You need to take control of your health also as you do in other areas
in your life, BUT ABOVE ALL YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH!

What are the Symptoms of Lupus

Because lupus can affect so many different organs, a wide
range of symptoms can occur. These symptoms may come
and go, and different symptoms may appear at different times
during the course of the disease.
**The most common symptoms of lupus, which are the same
for females and males, are:
~extreme fatigue (tiredness)
~headaches
~painful or swollen joints
~fever
~anemia (low numbers of red blood cells or hemoglobin, or
   low total blood volume)
~swelling (edema) in feet, legs, hands, and/or around eyes
~pain in chest on deep breathing (pleurisy)
~butterfly-shaped rash across cheeks and nose
~sun- or light-sensitivity (photosensitivity)
~hair loss
~abnormal blood clotting
~fingers turning white and/or blue when cold (Raynaud’s phenomenon)
~mouth or nose ulcers

Many of these symptoms occur in other illnesses besides lupus. In fact, lupus is sometimes called "the great imitator" because its symptoms are often like the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, blood disorders, fibromyalgia, diabetes, thyroid problems, Lyme disease, and a number of heart, lung, muscle, and bone diseases.

Related Information

http://www.lupus.org/
Target Awareness: What is Lupus? (watch this 6 min. video)

Watch a short six-minute video which provides an overview of lupus, its symptoms and health effects, and how the Lupus Foundation of America can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My plans are to start posting again soon.

 Thank you to the ones that have stopped by here and there to see if there has been or is anything new. I do see where you have stopped by. ...